Saturday 14 February 2015

Work dosnt stop at the weekend

Normally my weekend is either spent exploring London or working at home sewing some lingerie samples.

This weekend I went to Hand and Lock and spend my days sewing down more feathers. A lot of previous interns studying in London also came to help sew and we had a lot of people working all hours to help finish the skirt.

My first task was to help set up the last frame then get to sewing.

Although I did work lates during the week to help sew more feathers I felt like coming in at the weekend would benefit the head embroider and show my dedication to the company.

I really enjoy working with everyone and when you are all sewing and talking or joking about the times goes quickly and it can be very therapeutic.

Sometimes when you have to work isn't in your control and you must attend even as an intern, this was voluntary but as much as everyone else did I wanted to see the skirt finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment