Friday 27 February 2015

More badges

Today I started making some more gold work sets ready for the classes coming up, I had to make 15 sets making sure that everything was equal and that each set had the right equipment. I also had to find some golden/ yellow felt to use for the padding as in the last set I used black and it can be seen if the gold work isn't sewn close together. 

I then had to help with an order of badges for a children's TV program as some had black threads that had gotten caught up in the machine. I just had to try and pull out and cut as much of the joining black threads as possible and as neatly as I could. This took a long time as there were a few that were very messy. 


As the badges wasnt of high priority I was given a gold work task to do. I had to sew extra pearl purl around the outline of the original square as some of the pile from the velvet had worn away and this piece would be use as part of an art work display and could not be used if in poor condition. 





No comments:

Post a Comment