Friday 27 February 2015

The end is nigh

My time at hand and lock is coming to an end and I have very mixed feelings about this. Every day I wake up wondering what new or exciting thing I will be doing at work and who I will see. Even if I am so tired or feeling bunged up I always look forward to going in.

This week has been a sort of rounding off week, finishing off any tasks I started.

The beading samples that I did last week also had to be transferred to the fabric on the frame and all the sequins had to be tamboured before I could start beading the different sections.

 
 

I had to firstly tack out the outlines for the tambour beading as the designs were on the front of the fabric. Once all the sequins were tamboured I then had to match up all the beads so that there would be a big one for each middle ect. I had to use double thread throughout to make sure all the beads were secure and knot each section three times. This proved difficult as the beads were very close together and I had to knot on top as I couldn't turn the frame to knot on the back.

Once all the beading was complete I then had to turn the frame and cut away any messy knots and loose threads. This is when you find out how good and secure your beading is.

I could then start to unpin the fabric from the frame, I had to be careful as we had extended the frame using two planks, this meant that I had to make sure they were secure before taking out the nails. Then I could unpin the fabric being careful that the beads dont pull and get caught.


No comments:

Post a Comment