Monday 2 February 2015

Busy day

Today was a quiet day for the studio however I was busy at work sewing my beading sample. I had a lot of beading ideas in my head and was able to sew them quickly and draw the others down so I could remember them for next time. 

I was still looking at texture so I wanted to use the beads and sequins differently, instead of sewing the sequins flat I put them into groups and sewed them onto their sides propping them up with some bugle beads. I really like how this came out as I tried to curve the sequins to give them movement or a resemblance of the sea. 


My next square I wanted it to have more freedom and movement. For the beads to fall naturally, I decided to bead this upside down so that the curve would be downwards when the right way up. I beaded loosely and used my lines as a rough guideline for my design. 



The last task of today was to get these dressing gowns ready for the machine embroidery. To keep all the items neat we kept the dressing gown tie in the bag with the correct names. 
Firstly I had to find the centre and place the names straight and equal onto the garment. Once I had measured it and was sure it was straight I then gently placed a few pins to hold it before being put onto the frame. 
This was a new font to use and digitizing it was different from others so there were a few gaps that I had to go over with the thread and fill in. This just made the font and writing a lot clearer to read and made it look finished.




No comments:

Post a Comment