Tuesday 28 October 2014

Day 2 Adventures

In the morning worked on pintrest posting some of the funny comics I made for their New York course and also looked at other embroidery related humor that could be used alongside the New York advertising.
I then was given another social media task of going around the studio taking images for their instagram page. Looking at different rooms, the beading and embroidery. Trying to take a variety of images, getting close up shots of all the detail too.


 

 



After lunch I went out to MacCulloch and Wallis to buy leather needles for a customers shoes who wanted an Arsenal logo sewn to the front.
After this I then had to carefully trim the joining threads and the felt edge before pinning the logo onto the shoe as close to the top as possible so that the shoe still had movement.
Sewing the logo on was a very tricky task as the leather was very thick and even with a thimble the needle was hard to get in and out of the leather. Luckily I only had to sew one shoe as another intern did the other and I managed to get it finished buy the end of the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment