Tuesday 21 October 2014

Bead till the end

So over the last few weeks I continued to bead my back piece.

I also was working on more veil samples, I got given an extra thin thread which helped the beading look cleaner and I was then able to work quicker and adjust my technique. I beaded 3 veil samples all with the same spacing just different colour combinations of crystals so that the client could decide which she preferred and if she liked a random combination.
My last sample was just a crystal and dark crystal combination as the client preferred this.

In my last weeks at Suzie turner I gave my back piece to a new intern and worked on two small side pieces keeping an inch inside from the edge. Once these were done I helped to tack the pieces together so that they could be put on a model and assessed if the design was working or not and how much beading was left. 
It was great seeing my hard work come to life and being worn, I was surprised by how much I had done in the time. 
I worked on the last back piece leaving it for another intern to complete on my last day. 


I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Suzie Turners, we were all like a little family working together for 3 months. All the girls were around the same age and we had a lot in common. All having moved to London for placement years we went out a few nights for the theater and birthday meals. 
Its safe to say we all still keep in touch and will be very good friends. 

On to Hand & Lock

No comments:

Post a Comment