Tuesday 14 October 2014

Speed Beading

All the girls have different tasks depending on what project they are working on, currently there are 3 projects all for the photo shoot.

I am the only one working on my project which at the end will be an over sized gathered top that sits off the shoulders and has a cowl neck.

After practicing on a scrap bit of lace the beading combination and the tension of the carrying thread I was then able to start on the actual fabric. Laura studio manager outlined a small circle for me to start to fill in working on the center front pattern piece.

It took me 4 days to finish the outlined circle, I had no idea if this was a good pace or not. At Suzie's we have a saying about speed beading and every once in a while you look down and surprise yourself at how much you have completed in that time.
When you start to work on a project you have to log in the hours you've done that day in order to help give an idea of timing and when the garment may be finished.

The next few weeks would become a bit more varied due to moving studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment