Tuesday 14 October 2014

A Suzie Turner Intern

Starting my internship at Suzie turner was exciting as it was my first internship of my placement year. I had an idea of what I would be doing as I learnt a bit about all the tasks during my trial day.

At Suzie Turner I wasn't allowed to take any images of my work or talk about any on going projects with people outside work. The work day runs from 9.15 to 5pm with breaks at 11-11.15, 13.00- 13.45 and 15.45-16.00. The breaks meant that we got to rest our eyes and walk about and stretch as beading all day gave us bad posture.

My first day consisted of retracing the way to securely sew beads onto the lace. At Suzie Turner they like to have a very specific way of sewing the beads so that if one falls off then its only one and that so all the beading looks identical.

After spending one day practising beading on Chantilly lace, I then got assigned a project for a photo shoot at the end of the year. This was a very different type of lace that looked like a spider web, I had to practice sewing on this lace with pearl beads. For this project I had to use a combination of beads, cream and pink pearls, 3mm and 4mm. The ratios had to be 6 pink to 4 cream and for the bigger beads about an inch apart in distance.




No comments:

Post a Comment