Friday 17 October 2014

Home by the canal

Suzie Turner is now fully located by the canal in Islington. After a week of about packing and unpacking boxes and organizing around sewing we got fully back into sewing again.

As I had finished my circle I had it extended to work further down the front of the garment. I had to make sure that I kept the tension not too tight and that all the beading looks the same from the previous circle. 

I was also given a special task of working on a veil sample for a new client who wanted her veil beaded with Swarvoski crystals.
I had to sew crystals every 4cms apart on a straight line and continue this underneath in a brick work pattern. The next stage was to then do 6cms apart and then even wider apart. 
Sewing on the veil material was very difficult as I had to work with the holes already in the fabric. I had to make sure the threads are as close as possible to the crystal without stopping it from laying flat. 

My first piece of spiderweb lace was then handed to another intern to complete so I had to then instruct her on how to bead it keeping it the same format at my beading. I was then set to work on a back/ side piece leaving just over 1 inch of space on the inside of the line. 
My next speed beading project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment