Wednesday 8 October 2014

Is one year long enough....

I've started a year long journey into the world of fashion and interning. Giving myself a break from university to expand my knowledge of the industry and boost my confidence ready for graduation.

Knowing that London is the heart of the UK and where the majority of fashion company's are located I secured myself a flat in east London ready for my year.

I decided that to gain the most experience from this year I should do 3 month placements giving me enough time to learn from the company but also fit in quite a few internships within the year.

I already had an idea of what I would like to do in my year out and the type of companies I would like to work for. This helped me to quickly look through the lists of company's wanting an intern and also made it easier to write a suitable cover letter and CV.

I learnt the hard way as most fashion students that one email is not enough, send out hundreds and get 10 back. Well patience is key here!
After surfing through fashionworkie.com, indeed and twitter and sending out emails I secured a few interviews, this then lead to a trial day at Suzie Turner. Which then led to my first proper internship which you can read about in my next blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment