Wednesday 22 April 2015

Suzie Turner Action plan


During my internships I would like to gain/ improve on;
·         Sewing experience,
·         Pattern cutting,
·         Embroidery,
·         Photoshop and illustrator skills,
·         References,
·         Better knowledge of the fashion industry
·         More experience on my CV

Suzie Turner

Before

Before going to Suzie turners I expected to learn how to sew a variety of embroidery techniques and beading techniques. I also expected to run errands and help out with general studio tasks. This would be good for me as I wanted to learn how to bead better and quicker in case I wanted to use this technique in my collection. I also knew running errands would be a good and quick way to learn my way around London better.

During

During my time at Suzie turner I did a lot of beading. I was working on one garment the whole time at Suzie turners. I also did some veil samples for brides, this also included beading. I also helped to move studios. More in depth log can be found on my blog.


After

At this internship I gained a lot of couture sewing experience. I learnt about how to work with delicate expensive materials, especially light coloured ones. I also learnt how couture beading and embellishment is done and how to ensure the beading is of high quality and lasts.
I was shown how the pattern pieces are marked when on lace or very fine materials and how beaded pieces are joined together.

I got a glimpse into the industry and how couture designers must present themselves and their work to maintain themselves as couture. I also learnt about how customer confidentiality and pricing is very important even if your garment may not get recognised as Suzie Turner.

I learnt about how careful to be when lending garments to magazines and how clear instructions should be given to ensure the garments are well looked after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment