Tuesday 7 April 2015

AllSaints go swimming

I continued to work on researching into different dying techniques that would create my prints.

I also had to help look for some sample garments that needed to be looked at for the fastenings. This was difficult as all the garments are scattered everywhere and some shouldn't be moved as they are in specific piles that had been fitted or written up ect. Many garments didn’t even have any labelling and this made it difficult also.

I also got to see the new swim wear line prints being looked at on the garments and seeing how the print works with the thread colour or lining colour.
I found this interesting as I got to see the different shapes and the technical detail.
The designers had to look closely at the printed fabric and see how it copes under pressure and stretch. They found that when pulled too tightly the pattern breaks however it would be okay under normal wear whilst swimming.
The men's swim shorts had colour issues due to the dyes and the shades of colour, for instance the dark blue shorts may be prone to dye leaking or fading and the lighter white/ cream shorts may become see through when worn and wet.
These things had to be trialled on the staff so that they could work out if these issues arise.

I know that I would like to buy the swim wear in each print when it comes out in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment