Wednesday 18 March 2015

swatches

There were a few tec packs that I could not find yesterday and a few more added to the list that I was given to complete today along with some pricing up of fabric samples.


I was also taught how to measure up garments to see if they are measuring to the specifications before being put on the fit model. This involved taking measurements from the top to bottom, hem length, back cross measurements ect.

Whilst I was doing all of this around me models were being fitted in different garments for the new season. This was really interesting to see as this whole process is new to me, all the garments are measured and are slightly adjusted by pins to get the perfect fit and for the garment to move in the correct way. This is a long ongoing process as garments are altered by 0.5 of a cm at some points.

I was then given a big pile of fabric boards which needed to have swatches cut from and put onto designed sheets whereby I can write up all the information for that type of fabric. This was a very long task as my scissors were very blunt and I had a wide variety of fabric types to cut into a very specific size square. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment