Wednesday 18 March 2015

Another office...

At first I just sat down to do some more research before I was asked to do some more fabric sourcing and labelling for a new project, I then had to steam all the garments made in these fabrics which took a toll on my right arm as a few were cotton and held the creases.

This meant I got to see more of the pattern room, watching all the sewers on the machines and people draping on the stand. This was my kind of heaven!
I had to be careful however when steaming to not to steam the pleats on some of the garments as this would make them lose their shape and be wary of the types of fabric I would be steaming.

Today was very busy as people kept asking me to do things during other tasks however I was glad that I always had something to do. I had a lot of t shirts to fold up neatly too and to put away all the hangers. I also had to help move garments from the showroom down stairs to our design room for fitting.
I was then asked to go to the finance office in a different building in brick lane to hand some paperwork in and collect a ID card, thankfully brick lane isn't very far and it was a nice sunny day. As I like going to brick lane at the weekends and have been here for our past degree shows I found it very easy to get to however finding the office its self was a little different as there are no signs, not even on the door of the building.



No comments:

Post a Comment