Tuesday 13 January 2015

Miss World

Today I was given a very special and specific task to finish off embellishment on a Miss World sash.

Firstly this involved working out where best to place the remaining Swarvoski crystals and then securing them so that the thread wasn't visible. This was a very delicate task and I wanted to make sure that they would be secure so I took my time on this, I also couldn't have any carrying threads go through to the back of the sash so I had to take more care with my stitches.

         

Once the crystals were all sewn on I then had to sew chains and a clasp onto the back of the sash so that it could be worn with a fastening. This was quite difficult as I had to sew through the chain a number of times to prevent the thread from going through the gap. I also had to pass through the fabric but only on the back side which was very thick in the corners. 

   

The last task for the sash was to go to creative bead craft and get a Swarvoski gem to hang off the clasp just to make it look a bit more appealing. Scott the design director was looking for a very specific shape which sadly they didn't sell there or at swarvoski any more. I ended up taking some images to send to Scott and bought the closest thing possible. 

       

      

 




















No comments:

Post a Comment