Wednesday 28 January 2015

Green fur

So today I got to play with some fluffy green rabbit fur.

Its very exciting when customers come in and ask us to do beading samples, often the main embroiders are far to busy to do beading sample jobs so the interns get to do all the fun bits.
As I dont know how to tambour bead this part was already done, I then had to draw out the next lines at the correct distances apart and bead them.

                  
Using the chosen beads I just had to sew them down trying to keep a straight line and make them all the same length. 



Sadly the customer decided that this type of beading would cost too much for her and I wasnt able to do any more work on this piece.


I then had to prep a piece ready for some gold work. I firstly twisted some string then had to go over it with white cotton to hold it in place, then once it was secure I could cut away the ends and sew over it so the end looks neat and ready for the gold work. 







No comments:

Post a Comment