Sunday 16 November 2014

Winter embroidery

So apart from doing the odd job today was mostly spent working on my stag embroidery.



I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do and looking at the other interns designs helped and inspired me to use some of the same techniques and apply them to my stag design.


Once I had my design drawn out onto my chosen fabric which was white velour I then went to choose my threads. I wanted to combine colours and use warm winter colours along with ones that would represent a stag well. 

                        I decided to do a variety of colours of french knots and added a few clear beads to give a different texture. I love the combination of colours and I tried to use them in the rest of the stag so that my design dosnt look to fractured. 
I also wanted to incorporate a different fabric and a shine to my design, so I cut away the ears and used a golden fabric as a backing behind the ear. All I had to do then was to stitch around the ear to hold the fabric in place and stop it from fraying. 







No comments:

Post a Comment