Friday 28 November 2014

Bits and Bobs

So one of the main reasons I enjoy my internship so much comes down to massive variety of tasks that I get to do everyday. I love going in and never knowing what I will be doing or where I will be going. It makes things a lot more exciting!!



To start off the day I finished off my stag embroidery.




Then I helped unpick a sequin design that was put on the computerised sewing machine. This was a very tricky design onto sequinned fabric that had to be backed with dissolve-able fabric as the normal backing would just tear the sequinned fabric. When unpicking I had to be careful not to create any holes or pull off any sequins. This proved very difficult as there were several sequins trashed by the force of the machines needle.






No comments:

Post a Comment