Wednesday 5 November 2014

Crystals galore

The start of the morning was pretty calm, I had to unpick a collar and sleeves of a customers coat ready for machine embroidery, making sure that it would sit flat on the frame.

Due to the Hand & Lock competition coming up there was even more invites to send off so we wrote them all out and sealed the envelopes ready to be sent.


I then started working on my own hand embroidery. I was able to choose my own image or design and print it onto tracing paper. The next step was to prick the outlines of my design so that when I dust the chalk over my designs the lines with be shown on my chosen fabric. All that's left is to put my fabric into a hoop and decide how I want to embroider the design.


After lunch two hoodies and bottoms came in from Adidas, which were Nick Grimshaw and Rita Ora for BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards.
The hoodies had to have the names sewn onto them and initials before being completely crystallised. We had to glue crystals around the letters of the name, hood and cuffs. With only having two heat guns another intern had to run out and buy two more so that the whole team could work together to complete the hoodies ready for Friday afternoon collection.
Going around the letters we had to take care that they all lined up and look equal, working in a team I also had to make sure that it looked like it had been done by only one person.



We all were enjoying working closely together methodically gluing crystals onto the hoodies and learning more about each other and where we are all from.

More crystallising tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment