Tuesday 9 December 2014

snowflakes

Hand and Lock release a different website/ magazine each month with different topics and for Christmas us interns were asked to embroider a Christmas snow flake for the website.

The design for the snow flake was quite small and complex and I was a bit unsure as to what techniques I could use.

To add some texture I went with tiny white French knots on the outer prongs of the design trying to keep it all symmetrical. I did also think about adding beads or another thread into this section however I had a limited amount of time to complete this.
       

I thought id use my gold work technique and cut some felt padding for the centre star which I stitched down and then covered with a stem stitch. When this was done I stitched down a smaller felt star which I covered in silver coated beads.    


I spent most of the day working on this and doing small errands or cutting away jump stitches from garments that had just been on the machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment