Tuesday 9 December 2014

More snowflake....

So this morning I was about to get started on my snowflake which has me stumped as to what I should do to it. Thankfully I was saved but Scott the head designer as I was asked to sew some spangles onto a very elaborate gold work piece.

I have only two images of this as this is a customers piece which she is creating into art work to show and sell.

           I just had to cover all the gold work knots in the design with a gold spangle and a bead. I had to be very careful and precise and not lose any spangles as they are real gold and are very expensive. After my rather interesting morning I was then on snowflake duty....This seemed to be dragging on, 

Once the star was covered in beads I then beaded the other strands before deciding I liked the combination of colours and wanted to do a blue cut back appliqué. I had forgotten how long it takes to sew around the cut out areas. 




  



No comments:

Post a Comment